Saturday, January 28, 2012

Gone with the Wind

I'm a book worm...born a book worm, raised a book worm. When i was little my mom used to punish my brother and I not by making us read, but instead by taking our books away. Crazy, I know.

For as long as i can remember I have been drawn to the written word. There is just something about losing yourself in a good novel; or putting yourself in the shoes of a character found on the pages of a new book;or getting confused between which plot is your life and which plot belongs to the book you are engrossed in; or learning and using a new word found in your most recent read; or reading slower with every page so the story doesn't end; or filling in the blanks an author left out; or crying and laughing with the protagonist; or reading into the wee hours of the night, eyes burning, refusing to shut.

I think you get the picture--i LOVE to read. My all time favorite book that i just can't get enough of is "Gone with the Wind". I have read it over and over again, loving it more with every single read.


Scarlett O'Hara changed my life and I am secretly (and openly) in love with Rhett Butler, haha. Read it...i promise you won't regret it. It is one of the most beautiful novels of all time.

5 comments:

  1. Okay I love that picture! So funny! I've never read or seen Gone With the Wind, maybe I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gone with the Wind is pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am from Georgia and have read the book, seen the movie, been to museums completely dedicated to this piece of fiction, and I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom used to punish me by taking away my books too! I haven't gotten around to reading Gone With the Wind yet, but I'll have to add it to my summer reading list now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post because I totally can relate! Reading is my favorite thing to do, and you explained my experiences so perfectly! I personally hated the movie Gone With the Wind. Maybe the book will help me better understand the characters a little better. I will definitely try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. brianna you are so pretty! i love this pic : )

    ReplyDelete