Tuesday, January 10, 2012

the pinning sensation


Pinterest: the relatively new craze sweeping the globe one pin at a time.

It’s a pretty neat website if you think about it…pinning an eclectic collection of photos, fashion trends, recipes, and other “favorites” to a personal account on the web, to be viewed by you and others for time and all eternity. I’ve even avoided getting it for months because I recognized said "neatness". I also knew it was going to be a *time sucker and goodness knows I don’t need any more of those.

BUT about mid-December I finally caved and joined the pinners out there. I created myself an account and began trying to figure out the glorified website.

4 weeks later though, in a fit of frustration at the emails filling up my inbox, the followers I didn’t know, and the sheer lack of interest in said website, I deleted my account. Gasp!

I know I know…there are millions of girls out there weeping in my behalf for all that I will be missing out on without a pinterest account. BUT I’m feeling pretty good about this life changing decision. My views and actions in regards to pinterest are probably unique, maybe even one of a kind, but hey…I just got 2 hours a day of my life back, so I'm feeling pretty good!

*time sucker: a relatively pointless activity that is often easy to get addicted to and sucks away precious time that you don’t even have in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment