Thursday, March 8, 2012

thank you technology

Sometimes I don’t like living in a media saturated world…

The other day I was walking on campus and I saw three girls walking together, each furiously texting away on their cell phones. Clearly whoever they were each talking to on their phones made for better company than each other. So why were they even bothering to walk together?

Other times, I LOVE living in a media saturated world…

Like yesterday. My sister lives in New York and she had a baby. I was able to see pictures just moments after the birth. How incredible is that? Her little guy is sooooo cute! I can’t wait to see him in person. Thanks to all this great technology these days, I can show him off like the proud aunt I am. Take a look…

So thank you technology for briefly making NY seem a little closer than it really is.

4 comments:

  1. He is a cute little gaffer! (And apparently people don't use that word around here... but it's a good thing!) And I totally agree, you gotta consider the context and what you're using it for

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always makes me sad when I see people who are together, but texting or using their phones. I see people doing that alot at restaurants in particular and it seems so awkward. Shouldn't you be enjoying one another's company over dinner instead of checking facebook on your phone? It just seems like it defeats the purpose of going out to eat with another person because your not actually interacting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY he's so beautiful and perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, congrats on your new nephew!! He is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete